Call for Student Scholarship Applications
The Organizing Committee of EMNLP 2014 announces the availability of scholarships for students participating in the EMNLP 2014 conference in Doha, Qatar, October 26-28, 2014.
There are two types of students scholarships: Attendance grants and full travel grants. Attendance grants cover the registration fees (conference + optionally workshops). Full travel grants also cover a fixed per diem for hotel cost (for up to four nights) and travel cost. Travel cost will be awarded on the basis of actual flight cost estimates drawn from reputable travel websites, plus a small margin for price changes. Note that EMNLP registration includes lunch on conference days.
Applications must be full-time students. Application materials include:
- Short CV and motivation letter (not longer than one page each), including a description of the availability (or not) of alternative funding sources.
- EMNLP main session or workshop paper acceptance notification (if applicable and available by submission deadline; please clearly indicate EMNLP workshop papers under review in the motivation letter).
- Proof of student status.
- Signed statement of a faculty supervisor certifying that the applicant is their student and endorsing the student for the scholarship.
- If applying for full travel grant, a screenshot from a travel website (travelocity.com, kayak.com, expedia.com).
Applications have to be submitted through the website at https://www.softconf.com/emnlp2014/scholarships/. Preference will be given to students presenting an own paper.
The application website is active as of now.
- Application deadline is Aug 20, 2014.
- Notifications will be sent out by Aug 31, 2014.